What’s New 🚨
As part of our commitment to continually improve product quality, we’ve introduced a new way for you to easily share your Around experience with us. At the end of each meeting, you’ll have the opportunity in the Lobby to rate your call quality and – if it wasn’t perfect – let us know what could be better. Whenever you submit a call rating, our support team is automatically sent the information needed to quickly and precisely identify the issue.
The more ratings you submit, the more quickly we can identify issues and improve Around’s call quality for everyone. Please take a few moments after each meeting to go to the Lobby and tell us about your Around experience. Thank you!
In celebration of call ratings, here is a haiku from one of our PMs 🍃
Rate our quality, with one, two, three, four, or five We listen to you
You've asked for more team-building games—and we're excited to share we’ve partnered with board game publisher Czech Games Edition to add one of the best ones into Around.
Codenames is a word association game where two teams of spy networks race to be the first to correctly guess all of their field agent’s code names. It’s a simple game that your entire team can play (with no super-human reflexes required!). Codenames can support up to 50 players, although 6-10 players might be more comfortable. 🤠
How to play Codenames: New to the game? Watch our 2-min video for instructions. You can find Codenames in Around by clicking "New Game" from the Lobby or from the "Vibes & Games" menu during a meeting.
Enter the Codenames Giveaway
There is just one week left to enter our giveaway celebrating the launch of Codenames!
The Prize: Ten lucky people will receive their own physical copy of the Codenames board game. Two extra lucky people will also receive their own field agent gear: a pair of Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses!
How To Enter: Take a photo of your team playing Codenames in Around and share it on LinkedIn or Twitter. Please tag Around and Czech Games Edition as well! We'll reach out to the winners on March 16.
Quality and Performance Updates 🌟
- You can now specify a custom time length for the Timer! Click the dropdown arrow beside the hand-raise icon and choose
Set Custom Timer…to open the custom time dialog. Then, either enter a custom value or use your arrow keys to adjust the minutes and/or seconds value in increments of 5.
- In non-Floating modes, the number of recently used GIF or emoji reactions to the right of the reactions bar has been increased to 5
- Permanent room members are now listed separately from guests in the Attendee List
Here are some of the highlights:
- Fixed an issue where a user joining via the browser would not be able to send any audio for the first 10 seconds of the call
- Fixed an issue where clicked meeting links would launch the app but not open the meeting room unless they were clicked again
- Fixed an issue that could cause video squircles to render incorrectly in some instances
- The video filter color is now correctly set to green when playing Codenames Duet
What’s Coming 🚴♀️
Have you heard the one about recording yet? It’s still on the roadmap and on its way! We can’t wait to hear what you think once it’s available. In addition, we have several new productivity features coming right around the corner.
That's all for now! Ping us at email@example.com if you run into any issues or just want to say Привіт. 🇺🇦