What’s New 🚨
- Mobile App (iOS and Android): The Around experience you know and love is now available on mobile! Take your brain for a walk and stay connected with your team on the go with our mobile app, an audio-only experience optimized for collaborative walking meetings. 🚶♀️☀️
With the mobile app, you can join or start an Around call, instantly handoff from computer to phone (and back), react or respond to conversations with chat messages, GIFs and emojis, share images from your camera roll and view high-res screen shares.
Just like our desktop app, we've baked in AI noise suppression, meaning others on the call should only be able to hear the crystal-clear sound of your lovely voice. Feel free to try it near planes, trains, and automobiles (and any other outside noises!), and let us know what you think.
Visit around.co/download from your mobile device to download the app now.
- Linux App (Beta): Bring Around to your wonderful devs with our Linux app! A link to the public beta and all the information you need to get started can be found here 🐧.
- Handoff: This may sound familiar: you start a call on your laptop, but need to take the dog for a walk or run an errand. 🦮 By opening Around on another device and tapping Handoff, you can seamlessly transition your current call without interrupting the meeting. In addition to mobile, Handoff also works if you need to transition between computers or our web app.
Voice Channels: Just like Around has different modes for different types of meetings, we also realize there are times when you don't need the added pressure of video on. That's why we built Voice Channels (formerly called Audio Rooms). These can be created directly from the lobby and have all the room features you love… but with 100% less video.
Minimal Mode: For those moments when you need every inch – or pixel – of screen real estate. Click the
Enter Minimal Modeicon in the top right corner of your app to instantly shrink Around to its smallest footprint yet.
Native Menus: The Lobby and Room magic menus have been replaced with device-native menus that are no longer obscured by the height of the floating window. Bonus tip: The new menus are a great place to find all of Around's helpful shortcuts. 👋🏼
Choose your filter from your Touch Bar (Mac): Looking for an easier way to change video filters? Quickly browse through and select your video filter right from the Apple Touch Bar by tapping the 🌈 emoji.
- Face Mask Mode: Be heard clearly even while wearing a mask! Click the audio dropdown and select
Enable Face Mask Modeto immediately improve muffled speech, making it easier for others to understand what you're saying. ✨
- Add your team to multiple Rooms: Instead of having to add a team member to each room individually, you can now generate an invitation which will give them access to any rooms you choose. From the Lobby, click on your avatar and select
Setup Your Teamto get started.
- Now everyone can see at least 10 people in Campfire Mode
- Increased screen sharing FPS when remote controlling screen
- Audio pipeline tweaks to enhance playback volume
- EchoTerminator improvements to mix participants with less distortion
- Reduced app launch time
- Updated chat UI to make it easier to read and copy messages
Switch to Floating Mode when using other appswill now only transition to Floating Mode from Campfire Mode
Here are some of the highlights:
- Fixed a bug where a user's video could "bleed" at different resolutions
- Fixed an issue where a user's circle could be shown multiple times
- Disconnecting a monitor while a new notification is present will no longer push it out of position
- Floating windows will now correctly appear over a full screen workspace in Split View
- Stopping screen sharing on Big Sur will no longer briefly flash a system notification
What’s Coming 🚴♀️
- Vertical floating mode (the ability to stack your video bubbles vertically instead of horizontally)
- Annotations (the ability to draw on the screen while someone else is in screen sharing mode)
Ping us at email@example.com if you run into any issues or just want to say bonjour. 😍
Public Service Announcement: Don't forget to take a break today, whether that's going for a walk, enjoying nature, or being present. You deserve it. 🌏🧘