What's New 🚨
- Google Calendar integration: We've made it easier to schedule meetings in Around! With our Google Calendar integration, you can now add your Around link to Google Calendar events with one click. Choose between a one-off meeting link or a specific room (e.g. "Manik's Party Planning Committee"). You can install the integration from your Around lobby or the Google Workspace Marketplace.
- Hide self-view: We've added the ability to hide your own self-view, which can further reduce the fatigue associated with seeing yourself in video calls all the time. Turn this on by right-clicking on your own video > Hide self-view or by using the shortcut [V].
- Slack Team Room (beta): Instead of having to add members to your team room individually, we've auto-generated a room that anyone in your Slack workspace with the Around integration has access to (you'll recognize it by the little Slack icon). Great for daily stand-ups or all-hands!
For example, this is what it might look like for our friends at basement.studio 👇
Note: for existing teams, someone will have to reinstall the Slack extension and then the Slack team room will show up in everyone's lobby.
CPU performance improvements: We've made significant performance improvements, reducing CPU by as much as 20%. 🏃♀️
Pin specific people: Interested in keeping an eye on specific people's reactions while screensharing? You can do this by right-clicking on their bubble > Pin for me.
Mute for everyone: You can mute anyone on the call for everyone else by right-clicking on their bubble > Mute. 🔇
Remove people: You can remove anyone from the call for everyone else by right-clicking on their bubble > Remove from meeting.
UX Improvements ✨
- Made icons for different statuses (e.g. microphone, EchoTerminator) less obtrusive
- Easily show or hide the emoji/GIF panel when clicking on the text field
- In-app notifications whenever someone joins/leaves a call or changes their mic/camera
- End an ongoing meeting from the lobby as a room admin
- Screensharing on Windows: We've added a yellow border so you know exactly what's being shared, in addition to removing the infamous black box that previously showed up as the Around overlay ◼️🙅
- Using Around with our Slack integration? Be the envy of all your teammates with a crystal ball as your call icon 📞→ 🔮
So much bug stomping, so little space. Some highlights:
- Admins and pro users can now download .dmg macOS builds for M1 and Intel chips for custom intracompany distribution
- Fixed issue where rooms were not showing up in the lobby for some members
- Fixed bug with requesting remote control twice in the same meeting
- Native screensharing permissions dialogue is now properly shown over the information window
- Fixed issue where 1-click universal links didn't show confirmation that they were activated
macOS and Windows
- Fixed issue where users could not unmute in specific cases
- Fixed issue where revoking Slack access affected the account
- Major infrastructure improvements to permanently fix the root cause of two 30-min downtime periods
Drop us a line at email@example.com if you run into any issues or just want to say hi. 😍