What’s New 🚨
Background Blur (BETA)
Around’s video circles are designed to hide a large portion of your background, but sometimes a bit more privacy is needed. With Background Blur, you can now fully obscure your video background so the focus stays on you and not your environment.
Where to find it: Right-click on your video avatar and select
Blur Background or enable by default in
Note: This feature is only available to macOS users with Apple Silicon (i.e. M1, M2). Support for other platforms is coming soon.
Press record to immediately launch our latest feature, Live Transcriptions! See what’s being said in real-time, ensuring you never miss a word even in a loud environment or low volume situation. Additionally, live transcriptions are searchable, allowing you to recall something that was said earlier in the meeting.
Where to find it: The transcript panel opens automatically when a new recording is started
Note: This feature is not available in the mobile app. Transcriptions are currently only available for English
Hide Nearby Videos (Echo Prevention)
Our Echo Prevention feature allows people in the same room to connect to the same meeting without echo. Now, whenever you’re in an Echo Prevention group, you can hide any number of the video circles of other EP group members. This is useful for times you want to encourage yourself to look at in-person attendees instead of your computer. Additionally, hiding nearby videos improves the performance of Around by decreasing the number of videos displayed at the same time.
Where to find it: Join a meeting with Echo Prevention enabled and right click on another group member’s video circle or enable by default in
Note: This feature is not available in the mobile app. Hiding nearby videos only affects your view and not what other people in the meeting see.
Quality and Performance Updates 🌟
- Branded Shared URLs: Links shared during a meeting are now visually more prominent in chat bubbles and display the visual branding for many commonly used services. Note: Want us to add branding for your favorite service? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- iOS CallKit Support: With this feature we’ve improved call reliability by eliminating a major cause of audio drops due to other apps stealing focus.
- Preferences has been renamed to Settings to remain consistent with system level naming conventions.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Around from launching when part of data being migrated to a new machine or restoring from backup
- Fixed an issue that could cause a user to disconnect and reconnect to the same meeting repeatedly
- Adjusted highlight colors in emailed Notes to maintain proper contrast when viewed in light or dark mode
- Fixed an issue on mobile that could cause the app to become stuck on launch and require a restart
Let us know what you think 📣
As always, your feedback is instrumental in helping us build a product that you'll continue to love far into the future. Please reach out if there is anything we can do to make your Around by Miro Labs experience even better.
That's all for now! Ping us at email@example.com if you run into any issues or just want to say привіт. 🇺🇦