What’s New 🚨
Floating mode on top of fullscreen apps (Mac): By popular request, you can now use Around’s floating mode on top of fullscreen apps in Mac.
Hide self-view 2.0: Based on your feedback regarding our recent hide self-view feature, we’ve made some updates which will allow you to free up even more of your screen! With this new design for hiding self-view, we’ve significantly reduced the size of your video circle and placed it off to the side, while still allowing you to see your own reactions and thoughts. Right-click on your video circle and select “Hide self view” or press “V” to try it out.
CPU and battery life enhancements: We’ve made multiple improvements to our audio DSP, resulting in significant improvements to battery life and CPU utilization.
Alert sounds: You can now play a sound whenever someone joins a meeting. You can turn this on by going to your Lobby > Preferences > Audio > Play alert sounds.
Updated audio settings during a call: You can now choose your mic and speaker, disable audio output and see other audio settings in your current call. Just click the dropdown next to your mic icon.
Updated camera settings during a call: By clicking on the dropdown next to the camera icon, you can choose a webcam, enable/disable camera framing/face zoom, hide your self-view or see more settings.
Redesigned preferences: We’ve completely updated our Preferences Menu in order to make all of our settings easier to find, which now includes:
Audio: Choose your mic and speaker input, as well as noise suppression level.
Video: You have the ability to choose your camera input, as well as disable camera framing/face zoom for all calls.
Account: Set your profile picture, personal information or add other sign-in methods.
Improved video capturing performance on macOS
Add fire to your Campfire Mode: What’s Campfire Mode without a proper campfire? If you have 5+ participants in Campfire Mode, now you can just click in the middle of the circular empty space a few times to ignite a roaring fire. The more you click, the bigger it grows. But keep in mind: just like a real fire, you have to keep feeding it or else it’ll burn out. (You may have to click around a few times, but you'll find it eventually!) 🔥
Here are some of the highlights:
- Made some improvements to app loading time
- Anyone will now be able to delete a shared image (instead of just the owner)
- Fixed bug where you couldn’t see someone’s cursor while they were screensharing
- Fixed issue where clicking hyperlinks in Notes didn’t work
- Continued improvements to one-click links
- Fixed bugs with sizing of GIFs and thoughts
- Fixed bug on older Macbooks where video background was extending outside of the video circle itself
- Fixed issue on older Windows devices where app was stuck on the loading screen and would not open
What’s Coming 🚴♀️
- Audio-only voice channels
- Mobile app for Android and iOS
- Linux app
- Vertical floating mode (the ability to stack your video bubbles vertically instead of horizontally)
Give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org if you run into any issues or just want to say hola. 😍