What’s New 🚨
- Mobile Version 1.2 for iOS 🎉: Now with 100% more video! By popular demand, video is now available on our mobile app (👉download here), complete with our signature friendly circles, background cropping, colorful video modes, and Center Stage support on the latest iPad Pro. (Tip: Tap on your video circle to change the mode.)
P.S. Video support for our Android friends is coming soon! 🤖
- Improved Screen Share Performance: We've heard from you that screen sharing can be particularly resource-intensive, spinning up computer fans and slowing down performance. So we've rewritten our screen sharing pipeline from scratch to bring you a higher quality, better performing screen share experience.
- Need to further reduce CPU usage during screen sharing? We automatically hide your personal Around interface for participants during screen sharing, however, we've now added the option to turn that off, which should free up some additional resources. You can do this by going to
Preferences > Videoand enabling
Show my Around interface to viewers while screen sharing.
- Non-face emoji reactions now sit in the bottom right of the video circle so they don't hide the participant's face
- We now prevent some animations from running when the window is blurred or hidden to reduce CPU usage
- Better annotation performance on retina displays
Here are some of the highlights:
- Fixed an issue that caused a black square to appear under the Floating Mode window for some users
- Fixed an issue that could cause a shared screen to appear blank
- Fixed an issue that prevented a user's device from sleeping after using Around
What’s Coming 🚴♀️
As Around matures from beta to 1.0, we are now extremely focused on product quality, including battery usage, performance, CPU and memory usage, network stability and support for all popular devices and browsers.
In the short term, you can expect more improvements to Around's performance and quality. And later this year we'll be adding the ability to record your meetings!
That's all for now! Ping us at email@example.com if you run into any issues or just want to say こんにちは. 😍