The more the merrier! 👯♀️With our newest feature, you can now add people as members of specific rooms. What does this mean?
- All members will see the room in their lobby, as well as see who else is in the room at a glance
- As a member, you automatically skip the waiting room and can add more members
- If there's an ongoing meeting in any of the rooms, the dock icon badge on macOS will display how many people are in the meetings
As you can see below, this is useful in the case of recurring meetings (e.g. daily stand-ups) or encouraging more casual, spontaneous interactions (i.e. see who's in the "The Creative Lounge," or "The Design Studio," and say hello!).
As you can see below, the Around team only uses these rooms for the most productive of meetings. 🎮😅
How to add members to a room:
- From the list of users, you can either add someone you've chatted with in Around recently, or you can send them a special invite link to become a member. (Note: the room link and the invite link are two different links with different purposes.)
- From a security standpoint, you also have the ability to revoke and refresh the invite link, which invalidates the previous one.
Excited for you to give this a spin! Please send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org - we can't wait to hear it.